So, you have a pack of old seeds that you want to try, but don’t know if they are still viable. Here is an easy trick to check (and plant those that sprout if you want! This will avoid a ton of staring at little pots that may never ever grow! I will keep this as quick as possible and not get into long stories. I have included a video, and there is a little more story there if you like stories 🙂 Plus the video really shows the process.
- Take a paper towel and wet it.
- Flatten it out and place your seeds around on the paper towel.
- Fold the paper towel over so the seeds are folded inside.
- Place the folded, wet paper towel in a ziplock bag and seal with as much air out as possible.
- Place in a warm place.
- Check the bag in a few days, or when you would expect to see germination of seeds.
- Feel free to plant the sprouted seeds by carefully removing them and placing them carefully in the soil.
- Watch them grow.
Super easy trick….. Hope this helps!
P.s. If you have questions, please feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com
Also, as you may notice, I’m also a musician!
Here is a live performance of my song “Bones” if you are interested.